Why You Should Care About Your Website's SEO
Website search engine optimization (SEO) is vital for your dental practice to attract new patients. Natural, organic SEO is also free of the fees that come with other online and offline marketing methods.
Good SEO will see more visitors to your website, including potential patients serious about getting the types of dental treatment you offer. Poor SEO or none at all will result in your site – the flagship of your dental marketing campaign – being ignored.
How Website SEO Works
Without SEO, your website will be ineffective as a marketing tool. This is because search engines provide a crucial link between your online platform and people in your area who are looking for dental services.
Website SEO increases your practice’s visibility in search engine results pages (SERPs) and entails the use of keywords your potential patients use for online searches.
SEO is a long-term strategy that, according to Google – the largest search engine in the world – can take from a few months to a year to become fully effective.
Effective Website SEO Techniques
The best website SEO keeps up to speed with new developments that constantly happen in how search engines work.
Effective website SEO also involves:
- Analysis of your existing site and research into your main competitors’ digital marketing strategies.
- Assessing how your prospective patients search online for the types of dental services you provide.
- Formulating a detailed plan of content that needs to be included on your website.
- Ongoing measures to ensure your website SEO remains a powerful marketing tool.
- Drawing up on-page and off-page SEO strategies.
The most important aspect of on-page optimization is quality content, and today this necessitates an understanding of user search intent – the reason behind a particular search term, such as looking for information or wanting to buy a service or product.
On-page optimization also entails:
- Configuring your website so it appeals to search engines.
- Creating effective title tags and meta descriptions.
- Use of internal links to other pages on your site.
Off-page optimization tells search engines how your website is perceived by other sites and their visitors.
An important technique in off-page SEO is getting links to your site from authoritative sources, which tells search engines you have good, relevant content on your site that provides value for users.
Benefits of Good Website SEO
Reasons you should care about your website's SEO include:
- More traffic. Effective SEO will bring more visitors to your website who are seriously seeking dental services.
- Higher return on investment. Research suggests that twice as many prospects become sales leads when a business uses SEO as opposed to paid search marketing. Various tools and strategies are also available to measure your SEO performance and ROI.
- Brand credibility. Achieving a high ranking in search engines such as Google sends out a message to potential patients that your practice is trustworthy – paid ads may be seen as less credible.
- Ongoing results. With proper maintenance, organic search engine optimization keeps on going, producing more and more quality prospects. With ads, you have to constantly fork out money to keep them visible.
- Competitive advantage. If your website SEO is more effective than that of your competitors, your site will soar above theirs in search engines.
Optimizing your website for search engines will also lead to a better user experience for your prospective patients.
How Website SEO Improves User Experience
Good website SEO goes hand in hand with a good experience for visitors to your site. This is because search engines – particularly Google – want to provide their users with the best possible outcome from their search.
As a result, many search algorithms focus on directing users to sites that provide a good user experience as well as relevant content. This means technical aspects play a big role in rankings – factors such as:
- Site speed. Having web pages that load quickly will impress site visitors as well as search engines. This entails techniques such as reducing the number of page redirects and compressing image files.
- Mobile-friendliness. The increasing popularity of mobile devices, especially smartphones, means your site must be mobile-friendly. You can do this by ensuring your site is easy to read and navigate on mobile devices and by using software commonly found on phones. You can get technical assessments of whether your site is mobile-optimized from resources such as Google’s Mobile-Friendly Test.
User experience can also have a significant impact on converting visitors to your site into paying patients – it reflects your professionalism and willingness to go the extra mile in patient care.
Why Dentists Hire Professional SEO Services
There’s no point in having a website to showcase your dental office if no one sees it.
Website SEO provides an organic, natural way to achieve prominence in search engine listings without paying for advertising services such as Google Ads.
It can also be combined with paid advertising, which will give you immediate high visibility while your SEO campaign becomes established.
The potential benefits of website SEO are so important to a dental office that many turn to professionals to help them attract more patients through search engine optimization.
What Dental SEO Professionals Do
The best dental SEO service providers keep up to date with advances in search engine algorithms in order to ensure their clients’ website SEO remains cutting-edge.
And because search algorithms are often shrouded in mystery, SEO professionals are passionate about continuing to learn and improve.
Another reason that dentists often need professional SEO help is that quality content plays such a major role in search engine optimization.
Creating high-standard content on a consistent basis is time-consuming and typically beyond the expertise and resources of small businesses like dental practices.
SEO services by a reputable dental digital marketing agency will also avoid spurious black-hat practices, which have seen many a misguided website optimization campaign sink without trace.